First Line Meme!
Rules: list the first lines of your last 10 published stories. See if there are any patterns yourself, or have other people say what they notice.
All Marvel Cinematic Universe, except “Sensate”, which is Star Trek: The Original Series.
1. By Urðr’s well, the women passed, hand to hand, the shredded cloth of fate, Reality defeating even them.
--“Norns” (Drabble. Gen. Avengers Endgame fixit).
2. “Mrewp?” The Tesseract was resting comfortably deep inside Goose’s pocket dimension, and that’s exactly where she planned to keep it.
--Goose Is Tired of this Crap (Drabble. Gen. Avengers Endgame fixit).
3. “Do you See him?” Thor turned to Heimdall whose golden eyes still held fierce determination, as befit the finest of Asgard.
--On Yggdrasil’s Branches (WIP, Thor/Loki. Thor: Ragnarok sequel.)
4. The light never dimmed.
--The Sound of Breaking Ice (Thor/Loki. Avengers canon divergence.)
5. Peter. Gone to ash and dust.
--The Unspoken (Gen. Tony Stark POV. Avengers Infinity War fixit).
6. While Loki’s illusion approached Thanos, knife upheld, Loki slipped behind the Titan, nerves at a high pitch.
--Loki Wins Again, aka One More Infinity War Fix-It (Drabble. Gen. Avengers Infinity War fixit).
7. As the Mad Titan’s gauntleted hand grabbed his throat, Loki transformed into a snake, slid through Thanos’s fingers, and slithered away.
--Another Infinity War Fix-It (Drabble. Gen. Avengers Infinity War fixit).
8. The shadows of his ravens shivered through the tall grasses, wheeling in vast circles around him, arcing over the grey waves of the Midgardian sea beyond the cliff before him.
--Threads of Destiny (Gen. Odin POV. Thor: Ragnarok prequel.)
9. Breathe. Breathe.
--Old Trick, New Audience (Drabble. Gen. Avengers Infinity War fixit).
10 - The touch of his own skin felt strange to Kirk.
--Sensate (Kirk/Spock. Sequel to “Turnabout Intruder”.)
All MCU found here:
“Sensate” found here:
NOTE: Re Classic Trek. I’m not including the two most recently posted works here as they are re-posts of older stories (“Beyond the Barrier” and “Chess”) that have appeared elsewhere.Posted to LJ and Dreamwidth. Comment wherever you prefer. :-)